|Below is a list of questions that we are frequently asked. If you have a specific question that is not listed below please email us at:
All Hands on Deck Maritime Training
Q. What is a General Purpose Hand (GPH)Certificate?
A. A General Purpose Hand Certificate is a certificate issued by Registered Training Organisations (RTO's) (All Hands on Deck is an RTO). The certificate indicates that the holder has undertaken, and been certified as competent, in specific maritime training areas which include:
- Understand orders and be understood in relation to shipboard duties
- Observe safe working practices
- Comply with emergency procedures
- Survive at sea in the event of vessel abandonment
- Minimise the risk of fire and maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fire
- Fight and extinguish fires on small vessels
- Contribute to effective human relationships on board a vessel
- Assist in mooring and anchor handling activities
- Elementary First Aid
Q. When I have a GPH certificate where can I work?
A. The certificate allows you to work on any commercial vessel up to 80 metres in length anywhere within Australia.
Q. Does All Hands on Deck provide employment?
A. All Hands on Deck is a registered Training Organisation (RTO) and therfore we do not provide employment. We do however assist all our students with obtaining employment. We do this by weekly contact with Maritime Employers through emails and letters informing them of students who have completed our course. Employers also regularly contact us seeking lists of GPH qualified persons. In addition it is part of our Code of Conduct that Students allow us to pass on contact details in order that they can gain maritime employment.
Q. Are Job prospects better for me from training with All Hands on Deck Maritime Training?
Click here to go back to our home page
A. We would like to think so. However I guess the facts speak for themselves where our records indicate that over 90% of our students have obtained employment within a short period of time after completing our course.