Welcome to our easy, convenient and secure online initial booking and enrolment page.
This form is to be used to commence the Initial Enrolment in the Complete Coxswain Training Course
Payment to complete the course is made in 2 stages:
STAGE 1 - Initial Enrolment Payment: $695.00.
NOTE: This enrollment is for Coxswain NC1 and NC2 who have already completed the Fire, Survival & Seamanship components and are only required to undertake the final 3 days Practical Training.
On receipt of the initial enrolment form we will contact you by email to confirm your enrolment, provide you with access to download training material and access to our online assignment material. This component is in a flexibile deivery mode therefore no refund applies to the initial enrolment fee. We can be contacted 7 days a week to assist you in your studies. This stage can be undertaken in your own time and at your own pace.
There is no need to attend any class sessions at this stage.
STAGE 2 - Final Enrolment Payment: $1490.00
NOTE: (If you are applying for the AMSA Exemption 38 Certificate the final fee is $990.00)
When you have completed Stage 1 you can book in for the final stage. Stage 2 bookings and payment must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the practical session which is conducted at our training vessel. During Stage 2 you will put into practice the following skills:
- Berthing and anchoring the Vessel
- Manoeuvring a vessel
- Coastal Navigation
- Understand the Buoyage System
- Perform knots, hitches and splices
- Correctly operate Marine Radios
- Understand the Collision Regulations including Lights, Shapes and Sound Signals
- Fight and Extinguish Fires
- Environmental Regulations, Fuel spill prevention and response
- Knowledge of Inboard and Outboard Marine Engines
- Knowledge of Engine Start Up & Shut Down procedures
- Knowledge of Low Voltage Electrical systems
- We will provide FREE additional training for you to obtain a NSW Maritime Boat Licence to the value of $225.00 if you do not already possess a Boat Licence
- We include all training material and resources FREE of charge to all Coxswain candidates
Location: Practical course sessions are held in Newcastle monthly
We have many students who come from interstate, particularly Victoria, SA, NT and Nth Qld. Please download this file for travel information.
We suggest a web search for Air BnB in the Carrington and Wickham areas. There are about 6 available that are a 10 min walk to the marina and cost around $60.00 per night.
Some nearby places are: The Albion Hotel Hannell Street, Wickham (PH: 4962 2411) (100 metres from the vessel). They provide accommodation for $55.00 per night twin share or $110.00 single including breakfast. The hotel is very clean and has recently been refurbished.
We also recommend Newcastle Backpackers for those on a limited budget.
- A current 1st Aid Certificate is required. You can obtain this from a provider of your choice for between $120.00 and $150.00. We recommend that you obtain a 1st Aid Certificate prior to completing Stage 2.
- Coxswain NC1 candidates also need to complete Coastal Navigation. Please go to the All Hands on Deck Maritime Training Coastal Navigation website to enroll.
- Coxswain NC2 and NC1, as well as Recreational boat operators, also need to obtain a Marine Radio licence from the Office of Maritime Communications to operate marine radio equipment. Cost is $255.00 which includes the current examination papers fee of $83.00. Click here to enrol in the Marine Radio Licence Course.
To proceed to initial enrolment and to pay the amount of $695.00 please complete the details below:
Method of payment:
We accept direct bank deposit or secure payment through PayPal with Visa-Mastercard.(See below)